Photobucket

About Me

My photo
My name is Lori, and it is my goal to live in the moment every day, follow Jesus, and show His love to everyone around me. I am a wife of almost 20 years and a mother to two amazing daughters.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Inspired

In just 4 days, my family and I leave for Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa! I am pretty excited! This is not a random vacation spot for us, although, we do plan to live it up while we are there...going on safari in the Masai Mara with the whole family, eating at Java House, leaving the kids with the grandparents while Travis and I celebrate our 15 year anniversary on the coast of the Indian ocean, visiting a twiga (the Swahili word for giraffe, which is the only word Clara uses for her favorite animal)orphanage, and all around having a wonderful family vacation! I cannot wait to post pictures!  But, more than all the fun we will have, this trip signifies something very special for our family. We are blessed to be a part of a legacy built by Clarence and Jewell Matheny and expanded by Ronnie and Debbie Matheny, my wonderful parents-in-law. I am so blessed to be a part of this family!  While we are in Kenya, we will be a part of the pastor's conference, which hundreds of church leaders will attend to receive training, personal ministry, and study materials.  Watch the video below to get inspired!



Now that you are inspired, here's what you can do:

Mission Barnabas has an opportunity to purchase Life Application Study Bibles in Nairobi and save hundreds on shipping costs from the U.S. Every $10 you donate will put a Study Bible in the hands of a pastor who does not have one. You cannot imagine the impact this will have on him and his church. Click the link below to sponsor a pastor today!

Special Sponsorship Opportunity: Give a pastor a Study Bible for $10!


No comments:

Post a Comment