Photobucket

About Me

My photo
My name is Lori, and it is my goal to live in the moment every day, follow Jesus, and show His love to everyone around me. I am a wife of almost 20 years and a mother to two amazing daughters.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reunion

Photobucket

I do not have the perfect words to describe how it feels to me to be in Kenya at this moment.  Our family arrived here late last night, but for me the first REAL moments in Africa are the first moments of the new morning.  I LOVE waking up here, looking out my balcony window and not just seeing Nairobi, but FEELING it.

 Photobucket

The beauty of the trees and flowers, the smell of the tangy air in my nose, the architecture of the homes and buildings, the peaceful quiet of the morning...the city welcomes me and I embrace it.  I remember my first experience in Africa 16 years ago (has it really been that long?!), and I remember waking up and peering out my window and feeling total awe at how far away from home I was and how different everything looked on the other side of the world.  I had never experienced any place outside of my own country, and to say that it was an eye-opening experience is a very large understatement.  Since that first time spent in Africa all those years ago, a piece of my heart has found a permanent home here, and it feels glorious to reunite with it now. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment